"I AM NOT a woman who can always resist chocolate, wears make up to the pool, and has spotless floors all the time. But I am strong. I am invincible. I AM MOM." ~B.O.B

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Reunion Apron Swap


My mom's family is having an apron swap. Everyone particiapting was given a name of someone else to make an apron for. We will reveal who had who & exchange the aprons at the reunion. I won't be able to make it to the reunion, but am very excited to give my apron and get one in return. I'm very grateful to be part of such a crafty family. Anyway, this is the fabric I'm making my apron out of. I can't show any more of the apron for fear my person will know who they are. (secrets, secrets) This has been quite a challenge for me. I've never made an apron before. In fact, I've made 2 quilts in my life & both with my mother by my side. So, I have to guess at what I'm doing & hope my apron won't fall apart once washed. Also, I'm using a machine that needs tuning. So I've had a few challenges. To say the least, I'm excited & hope everything turn out good. I'll show the full apron after the reveal.

No comments: