"I AM NOT a woman who can always resist chocolate, wears make up to the pool, and has spotless floors all the time. But I am strong. I am invincible. I AM MOM." ~B.O.B

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bennion Family Reunion

(this is the shirt from the reunion)

Our Bennion (my mom's side) Reunion was cram packed with fun activities. Unfortunately my camera died and I didn't get a lot of pictures.
First and most importantly, I learned how to make my great grandmother's fudge. I'm pretty excited about this one. I wasn't able to eat any due to my gallstone situation. Carson and the kids verified it turned out fabulous by inhaling 1/2 the batch in just a few minutes. I'll have to make some soon as to not forget everything.


We also had a pie bake-off. What a fun thing. I think we ended up with 15 different kinds of pie. Mine didn't win, but Carson tells me it was delicious. (I made Paula Dean's chocolate toffee pie, the 4th pie down)



The entire reunion was 1940's theme. They played old games, held a family pinewood derby, and had 1940's makeovers. I wish I would have got some pictures of my cousins makeovers. Their makeup and hair were perfect.

The other "super" fun thing we did, was have a "Super Hero Day." Being that we literally moved 4 days prior to this trip, I wasn't able to prepare to much for my kids costumes. For Madi, we pulled out some old scarves at my mom's & they turned out great!

For Cal, my sister-in-law, Brandielle, has 2 onsies for her son, Gibs. She was nice enough to let Cal borrow one for the day. Cal was Batman while Gibs was Superman.

The super heros gathered outside and played old games like Simon Says and Red Rover. They also had a great battle consisting of marshmellow guns. (PVC pipe used tyo shot mini marshmellows at each other)

All in all it was a great runion.

1 comment:

DaNell said...

Looks like LOTS of fun!!! I am glad you guys had fun and I would have loved to try the pies. OH & I LOVE LOVE LOVE the owl cupcakes!