"I AM NOT a woman who can always resist chocolate, wears make up to the pool, and has spotless floors all the time. But I am strong. I am invincible. I AM MOM." ~B.O.B

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Festival

We went as the "Little Red Riding Hood Gang" to our church fall festival. We had a chili cook off, carnival games, and pie eating contest. It was pretty fun.
This is our friends' dog, Lilly. I thought she looked more like a wolf than our dog, Charlie. Carson was the woods man. Madi was Little Red. I was Granny.

PIE!! ~~ No hands!

I got second place by about one bite. (or should I say slurp)

3 comments:

deargoodness said...

Rachel--you look so much like your mom in the second picture. Sweet costumes!

Jeanne said...

The secret of a pie eating contest is to get as much on your face so you don't have to eat as much.

Coty said...

Whoa!!! Rachel, this is Coty (Chesney) Hurst...remember me??? oh gosh, I'm always asking around about you and Emily, and I can never seem to get the scoop...
How the heck are ya? Your family is so adorable!!!
Golly, I hope you remember me cause otherwise...awk-ward!?!
Anyway, it's been great to read up on your wonderful life. Congrats on marriage, and the cutie patootie kid.
Hope to keep in better contact now.

ps oh, I now know emily "rides the short bus"...hmmm, I always knew there was something the matter with her, lol. She is one of a select few that can make me laugh myself into a senseless oblivion...