"I AM NOT a woman who can always resist chocolate, wears make up to the pool, and has spotless floors all the time. But I am strong. I am invincible. I AM MOM." ~B.O.B

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hurray for Vacation

So we just got back from a wonderful trip to Utah! I couldn't have asked for better weather! I don't think it got above 90 or below 50 degrees the entire time. I was in heaven!
We started out camping at Maple Grove. It's a small campground close to Scipio, Ut. We had lots of fun seeing my dad's side of the family. We spent most of the time sitting around tell embarassing stories. Madi had a great time getting to know her grandparents, aunties, and cousins. The best part of this campout was when Carson, Madi, Lolly and her boyfriend (at the time) and I went for an easy walk/hike & left the trail. It was beautiful & we found the foundation for an old cabin. However, on the way back, we stumbled upon a rattle snake! Scary stuff. I was able to stay pretty calm. (Carson grew up hunting snakes, so I knew we would be fine) Lolly was pretty nervous, but her boyfriend totally freaked. He pushed past & practically jumped over Lolly, Madi & myself to run down the trail, while screaming for everyone to get the heck out of there. Lolly and I laughed so hard we both had to cross our legs and lean on a tree to keep from wetting our pants. I've never seen anyone, let alone a guy, so scared of snakes in my life... and I'm pretty terrified of them.
Grammy & Grandpa Auntie Lolly Auntie Josie Ryann and Madi
(Carson playing horseshoes)
After 2 1/2 days, we headed up to a family owned cabin in Weber Canyon. Only my immediate family was there. It was nice to hang out as adults. We got to walk in the ice cold creek, hike to a waterfall, feed horses, and just relax.
Auntie Emily
After that, Carson, Madi and I head to Cedar City. Carson helped my brother-in-law, Todd, put in some new windows. I hung out with my sister & Madi enjoyed the day with cousins.
I loved watching Madi interact with her cousins. They are at least 2 yrs older than her, but it was fun to watch her trying to be like them.
All in all we had a great time!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Emily must love you for that photo! Sweet.