"I AM NOT a woman who can always resist chocolate, wears make up to the pool, and has spotless floors all the time. But I am strong. I am invincible. I AM MOM." ~B.O.B

Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm so glad when daddy comes home.

For anyone who didn't know, Carson travels during the week and comes home on the weekends. Since we see him less often, we really make the most out of the time we are together. Don't get me wrong, we aren't going on huge outings, etc. We are just doing simple things together & I love it. Like I said in a previous post, we have spent a lot of time at the lake & fishing. We basically spend Saturday playing as an entire family. It's great!


Well, this last week Carson had me drive him to the airport & therefore, I had to pick him up on Friday. Since I was driving to the city(an hour away), I figured I would make a day out of it. My mother & sister-in-law went to a history museum with me. It was awesome. Here is a slew of pictures to show the fun we had.



This is some form of elephant. Isn't it creepy looking.





This is the largest skull ever found.





Skesis?





As you can see, it was awesome! Madi liked it, but Cal was scared to get close to the bones.



After the museum, we hit a few shops. Then it was off to the airport. YEAH!



We picked-up Carson and headed to this awesome little place for dinner. It's called Pops.



It's part gas station, part restraunt, all soda!





They have 600 different flavors of soda.





P.S. if you like really amazing, to die for chocolate milk shakes, I recommend you get the Double Fudge Milkshake at Pops.



All in all, it was a really great Friday, which led into a really great weekend.

1 comment:

deargoodness said...

I think I need to make a visit out to see you and that amazing Pops place! 600 flavors?! This is crazy!